Kim Wiley, Victim Advocate
Physical Location: 323 Martin L. King, Jr. Blvd S (Rear Side of Town Hall)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 37
Estill, SC 29918
(803) 625 – 3699
(803) 625 – 3958 (fax)
A Victim Advocate ...
• Serves as a liaison between the victim, law enforcement, investigators, attorneys, court personnel, creditors, and other government and community organizations.
• Receives and processes victim impact statements, assists victims in completing statements as necessary; assists investigators and officers with victim interviews, law enforcement reports and other documentation.
• Informs crime victim(s) of their legal rights and ensures that victim’s rights are protected.
• Attends and observes interviews of child victims of sexual assault.
• Keeps victim informed of bond hearings, court hearings, etc.
• Provides courtroom orientation to victim and accompanies victim to court; when requested
• Assist victim in filing application to the victim compensation fund through the Governor’s Office, Division of Victim’s Assistance for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance.
• Assist in determining and requesting restitution payments and payment schedules.
• Transports victim to court, shelter, etc.
• Reports to crime scene as needed to provide victim and witness assistance.
• Assists in preparing victim and witnesses for court testimony.
• Provides follow-up services to victims of crimes and their families.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date case files and case databases.
Victim Assistance - (803) 625 – 3699
CODA (Support Victims of Domestic Violence)
24 – Hour Crisis Line
All CODA services are free of charge, and confidential to citizens of Hampton, Jasper, Beaufort and Colleton Counties
(800) 868 – 2632 or (843) 770 – 1070
Hope Haven of the Lowcountry
(843) 524 – 2256
Hotline: (800) 637 – 7273
How to Protect Yourself from Being Assaulted
Become Street Smart!
Communicate the message that you’re calm, confident, and know where you are going
Trust your instincts
Know your neighborhood
Help make your streets safe for everyone