What are your office hours?
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

Who do I call after business hours or weekend?
Call 9-1-1. A police officer will be dispatched to assist you.

How do I contact the police department by telephone or fax?
(803) 625 – 3699
(803) 625 – 3958 (fax)

How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report or an Accident Report?
You may come by the office during normal business hours. Please bring your case number (if available) and a photo ID. Please call prior to coming by the station so that we may determine if the requested report is available for pick-up.

How long after my incident or accident until I get a copy of the police report?
We ask that you allow 5 – 7 business days for checking and processing of a report.

Is there a cost to get a report?
Victims may receive a free report. All other person(s) will be charged $3.00. You may pay by check or money order. We do not accept cash, debit or credit cards.

How long are police reports kept on file?
We abide by State record retention schedules, but generally, we keep reports on file for at least 5 years.

I asked the police to come to my house; a report was subsequently filed. Now, I see it mentioned in the newspaper. Why?
Police reports are considered Public Record and are made available to the media and the general public. There are certain reports that are not made public or available to the media, such as Juvenile Reports and Sexual Battery Reports.

Can I get a criminal background check done at the police department?
We refer all criminal background check inquiries to the SC Law Enforcement Division (SLED). We can provide you with the form that outlines information you will need to contact SLED.

Where can I pay for a traffic citation?
It depending upon which law enforcement agency gave you the citation.

SC Highway Patrol
Contact the Hampton County Magistrate
125 MLK Jr. Blvd S - (Lawton Oil Building- next to the Shell Station)

Estill Police
Contact the Estill Police Department
205 MLK Jr. Blvd S (behind Town Hall)

Sheriff Department
Hampton County Sheriff’s Office
411 Cemetery Rd
Varnville, SC

How can I register a bicycle?
Please contact the police department.