How and where do I pay my utility bill?
Utility bills are paid at Town Hall or mailed to:
Town of Estill
Attn:  Utility Payments 
P.O. Box 415
Estill, SC 29918

We accept cash, check, and money order.  Debit and credit cards are also accepted (service fee charges apply).

Where do I get a business license application?
Business License applications are available online or at Town Hall Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm

Where do I find information about zoning issues?
You can find out about zoning online or by calling Town Hall

How do I get my utility services (water, sewer, garbage) turned on?
Fill out the Water, Sewer & Garbage Application.  The form is available online or can be picked up from Town Hall at 323 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (formerly 205 E. Railroad Ave.) 8:30 AM to 4:00 pm PM Monday thru Friday. Attach a copy of your renter’s lease if renting and a copy of your driver’s license/social security card.Pay a $140 deposit (for residential users) to complete your application. We accept cash, check, money order, and all major charge cards (service fees apply). When mailing your application, do not send cash. Checks or money order should be made payable to Town of Estill. A $230 deposit is required of all commercial users. Drop off your application at Town Hall from 8:30 AM to 4 PM.

After applying, how long does it take for utility service to begin?
Water service can be connected the same day an application is submitted.

When and how often are water meters read?
Meters are read at the beginning of each month. Meters are generally read every 30 days.

What is the length of limbs should be to have them picked up?
Limbs may be in a pile no higher than 3-feet tall. Leaves must be bagged.

Who should I contact about birth/death certificates?
Hampton County Health Department
501 W. Carolina Ave.
Varnville, SC 29944
(803) 943-3878

Will the Town pick up refrigerators, water heaters, stoves, washers, etc.?
The Town will pick up these items by appointment.  Please call Town Hall for more information.

My garbage was missed. What do I do?
Contact the Town of Estill at:
323 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. S
P.O. Box 415
Estill, SC 29918
(803) 625-3243

Where do I pay my Town Taxes?
Town taxes are combined with the county taxes and are paid at the Hampton County Tax office.

How do I have my utility (water, sewer, garbage) services disconnected?
Come in to the Town Hall and fill out a utility service disconnection form.  Disconnection by telephone is not acceptable.

Does the Town have a drop box for utility payments?
Yes, we have 2 drop boxes. One is located at the right side of the front door at Town Hall.  The second one is located in the Town Hall parking lot.

Can I turn my water on/off myself?
No, town water meters can only be turned on, turned off and/or serviced by authorized Town personnel only. Tampering with a meter in any way is a misdemeanor and carries a fine. Please call the Town Hall with any questions concerning your meter.

Is it O.K. to burn trash in the Town limits of Estill?
No.  Due to increased fire hazards posed by past summer droughts and for the maintenance of air quality, the Town strongly discourages outdoor burning of trash, leaves, and refuse.  Please contact the Estill Fire Chief at (803) 625 – 4977.